Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My vet surgically removed a kind of long nail on both of my GR *****'s hind legs but I'm not so sure of it.?

So your dog had its back Dew claws removed?





Is that what you are talking about?





If so Back Dew claws just end up getting in the way and many times dog will rip them off when not careful. It is not necessary for them and dose not bother them. Maybe dogs don't have them removed but most do. My vet surgically removed a kind of long nail on both of my GR *****'s hind legs but I'm not so sure of it.?
It was probably what they call a dew claw, it's like a thumb nail and it easily curls tight as it grows, more than the others, and it is a pain to trim once it's grown out. Many people don't even know it's there until it is too late, a lot of people have them removed early when they are pups. Hope this helps.My vet surgically removed a kind of long nail on both of my GR *****'s hind legs but I'm not so sure of it.?
Are you talking about dew claws? They are usually removed, because they sometimes hang them on things and rip them off.
Sounds like rear dewclaw removal. No biggie and is best for the dog not to have them to catch on things and get ripped.
i think they do that because it bother the *****'s when they walk ...
It was probably a dew claw.

No comments:

Post a Comment